Alexander M. Schweitzer is a theologian and musician who since the mid-1980s has specialized in Gregorian chant. He studied chant in Rome, Cremona and Munich (with J.B. Göschl). Schweitzer has trained Gregorian ensembles worldwide and taught Gregorian chant and liturgical music in various institutions. He has been working regularly with Consortium Vocale Oslo since 1998.
Schweitzer is a member of international juries; he teaches Gregorian semiology in the DAS programme of the Music University in Lugano and at the courses of the International Society for Studies of Gregorian Chant (AISCGre) held in St. Ottilien and Venice. Since 1999, Schweitzer has been a member of the AISCGre board of directors and the melody restoration workgroup. In 2015 he was elected president of AISCGre, succeeding Johannes B. Göschl in this role.
- June 28th 2020: Consortium Vocale Oslo attended high mass in Oslo Cathedral
- February 28th at 5 pm– Gregorian vesper in Oslo Cathedral
- 19th of January 2020 – Oslo Cathedral at 19:30 Terje Kvam 75 years – anniversary concert. Consortium Vocale participates with former singers from Oslo Cathedral Choir
- November 29 – Deichmann main library – performance at the celebration of the “Book-year” (500 years in Norway)
- November 29th – Gregorian vesper in Oslo Cathedral