Alexander M. Schweitzer is a theologian and musician who since the mid-1980s has specialized in Gregorian chant. He studied chant in Rome, Cremona and Munich (with J.B. Göschl). Schweitzer has trained Gregorian ensembles worldwide and taught Gregorian chant and liturgical music in various institutions. He has been working regularly with Consortium Vocale Oslo since 1998.
Schweitzer is a member of international juries; he teaches Gregorian semiology in the DAS programme of the Music University in Lugano and at the courses of the International Society for Studies of Gregorian Chant (AISCGre) held in St. Ottilien and Venice. Since 1999, Schweitzer has been a member of the AISCGre board of directors and the melody restoration workgroup. In 2015 he was elected president of AISCGre, succeeding Johannes B. Göschl in this role.
- June 15th at Museum of Oslo: Members of Consortium Vocale Oslo will sing at the book launch of Karl Gervin´s book about the monastery on Hovedøya, Oslofjord
- May 19, 2019 – Consortium Vocale Oslo attends gregorian mass in Oslo Cathedral
- March 24, 2019: Consortium Vocale and Schola St. Hallvard singing at Maria Message Day Mass in Grønland church, Oslo
- February 10, 2019 at. 11.00: Consortium Vocale participates at the High mass in Bragernes Church, Drammen, Norway. Music: Charles Marie Widor: Mass
- 6th of January: Concert in Oslo Cathedral: The three Kings (De konger tre)