Consortium Vocale Oslo
Consortium Vocale Oslo, founded in 1985, is a male vocal ensemble based at Oslo Cathedral. Since 1998 the ensemble has specialized in Gregorian chant under the direction of Alexander M. Schweitzer. Under Schweitzer’s guidance the group has dedicated itself to the palaeographic study of medieval manuscripts, to an appropriation of the theological-spiritual dimension of the Gregorian repertoire, and to an interpretation of Gregorian chant according to semiological principles.
Under the leadership of Alexander M. Schweitzer, Consortium Vocale Oslo has released six CDs of Gregorian chant in addition to the present recording: Laus mea Dominus (ASV Gaudeamus, 2002), Exaudiam eum (2L, 2007), Vultum tuum (EOS Verlag, 2008), Resurrexi (EOS Verlag, 2013), Salvum me fecit (EOS Verlag, 2016), Historia Sancti Olavi (Lawo classics 2016) and Mirabilia fecit Dominus (EOS Verlag, 2016). (Recordings)
- November 17. Consortium Vocale Oslo attended high mass in Oslo Cathedral
- November 3, 2019 – Consortium Vocale attends All Saints’ Fair in Grønland Church, Oslo
- October 13, 2019: Consortium Vocale participated in Oslo organ festival – Couperin: Messe pour les paroisses
- September 13 at 22.00 – Oslo Cathedral: Consortium Vocale Oslo perform gregorian chant at the arrangement “Oslo cultural night”
- August 22. 2019 – New member: Olav Leden Nytrøen