Consortium Vocale Oslo
Consortium Vocale Oslo, founded in 1985, is a male vocal ensemble based at Oslo Cathedral. Since 1998 the ensemble has specialized in Gregorian chant under the direction of Alexander M. Schweitzer. Under Schweitzer’s guidance the group has dedicated itself to the palaeographic study of medieval manuscripts, to an appropriation of the theological-spiritual dimension of the Gregorian repertoire, and to an interpretation of Gregorian chant according to semiological principles.
Under the leadership of Alexander M. Schweitzer, Consortium Vocale Oslo has released six CDs of Gregorian chant in addition to the present recording: Laus mea Dominus (ASV Gaudeamus, 2002), Exaudiam eum (2L, 2007), Vultum tuum (EOS Verlag, 2008), Resurrexi (EOS Verlag, 2013), Salvum me fecit (EOS Verlag, 2016), Historia Sancti Olavi (Lawo classics 2016) and Mirabilia fecit Dominus (EOS Verlag, 2016). (Recordings)
- 16th to 20th of October: Concert tour in Korea
- September 15th Oslo Cathedral Concert concluding “Oslo Cultural night”
- 25th and 26th of June Participating in Vox Cordis Festa della voce Arezzon, Tuscany, Italy Seminar and concerts
- 18th and 19th of June: Eidsvoll church, Norway: Consortium Vocale are singing Vespers, concert and morning song
- May 26: Consortium Vocale Oslo participated in the Ascension Mass in Oslo Cathedral