Consortium Vocale Oslo
Consortium Vocale Oslo, founded in 1985, is a male vocal ensemble based at Oslo Cathedral. Since 1998 the ensemble has specialized in Gregorian chant under the direction of Alexander M. Schweitzer. Under Schweitzer’s guidance the group has dedicated itself to the palaeographic study of medieval manuscripts, to an appropriation of the theological-spiritual dimension of the Gregorian repertoire, and to an interpretation of Gregorian chant according to semiological principles.
Under the leadership of Alexander M. Schweitzer, Consortium Vocale Oslo has released six CDs of Gregorian chant in addition to the present recording: Laus mea Dominus (ASV Gaudeamus, 2002), Exaudiam eum (2L, 2007), Vultum tuum (EOS Verlag, 2008), Resurrexi (EOS Verlag, 2013), Salvum me fecit (EOS Verlag, 2016), Historia Sancti Olavi (Lawo classics 2016) and Mirabilia fecit Dominus (EOS Verlag, 2016). (Recordings)
- January 10, 2019 at. 11.00: Consortium Vocale participates at the High mass in Bragernes Church, Drammen, Norway. Music: Charles Marie Widor: Mass
- 6th of January: Concert in Oslo Cathedral: The three Kings (De konger tre)
- 8th and 9th December – Consortium Vocale participates in Oslo Cathedral Christmas Concert: Klinge skal et jubelkor
- 30. November at 4.30 pm – Consortium Vocale attends Vesper in Oslo Cathedral
- 4. – 7. October – Concerts in Palermo and Cefalu