Alexander M. Schweitzer is a theologian and musician who since the mid-1980s has specialized in Gregorian chant. He studied chant in Rome, Cremona and Munich (with J.B. Göschl). Schweitzer has trained Gregorian ensembles worldwide and taught Gregorian chant and liturgical music in various institutions. He has been working regularly with Consortium Vocale Oslo since 1998.
Schweitzer is a member of international juries; he teaches Gregorian semiology in the DAS programme of the Music University in Lugano and at the courses of the International Society for Studies of Gregorian Chant (AISCGre) held in St. Ottilien and Venice. Since 1999, Schweitzer has been a member of the AISCGre board of directors and the melody restoration workgroup. In 2015 he was elected president of AISCGre, succeeding Johannes B. Göschl in this role.
- April 20th 2017 – New member of Consortium Vocale Oslo
- 12. March 2017 – Consortium Vocale attending high mass in Oslo Cathedral
- February 16th 2017 – New member of Consortium Vocale Oslo
- September 2016 – New CD release – Mirabilia fecit Dominus
- 16. September at. 19.00 – Release concert of CD: “Historia Sancti Olavi”